Sunday, November 2, 2014

One Step Closer to Converting Wolverine

G’day Mates!  This is going to be a short one because I only have about 20-30 minutes and I spend most of it in convo with the homebase.


My week was great!:) I went on exchanges with Elder Talaipa in Dande. North (humble area) and another with Elder Mott in Narre Warren (wealthy area). I also had golden review! It was where we just reviewed on the scriptures we had to memorize. We had an awesome Halloween! We ate at the Savea's and Sister Foenander's home. Here is a pic of the cool Halloween decorations the fam sent me to put up, my companions loved all the cheery Halloween stuff in the pad. Forcing me to decorate from across the otherside of the world---nice!



I'm gaining weight. It's bad. Like BAD. I'm taking a mass gainer protein AND having Samoan feeds---a mix that equals serious weight gain. I eat taro now too lol. Wait. I may start eating Samoan food BUT I have noticed and decided that I love and live the Hawaiian ways. I was raised on true cultural Hawaiian values and have been able to live and share them here, I have found it to be helpful in my missionary work, thanks Mom.


Here is a pic of the Danielson brothers. 2 of them went to school with my grandpa in Samoa---that is so cool! 


But here is the “story of the week”, so to prep everyone---before I left the family joke was “go and convert Wolverine” because we are big X-Men fans and he was my fave---but let’s face it he is everyone’s fave! Anyway as time got closer I was like---I am totally going to convert Wolverine!  In fact on the way to the airport I was like “AJ, wouldn’t it be cool if I actually converted Hugh Jackman?” So this is why this is even more of a cool story. Okay. Here we go.

My friends Elder Howard and McCleary received a referral from President Maxwell who received a referral originating from President Uchtdorf himself. The referral came to fruition due to Hugh Jackman's wife being presented with an LDS humanitarian award by President Uchtdorf. President asked her if he could do anything. She said yes. Her mother needed a blessing due to her being very sick. So Presdient Uchtdorf told her it would be taken cared of.

Fast forward down the line of rank. The referral was given to the AP's. Elder Howard and McCleary. So they went to this house....MASSIVE. It had a full on tennis court, pool, mansion. So they gave her a blessing. And she absolutely loved it. They even gave their numbers to Howard...I saw Wolverine's wife’s number!!! Hahahahahaha So my mom said she would find a pic of him and his wife and mother-in-law and put it on the blog.



Love you all I gotta go! Have a great week

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome!! Elder Fiaui Rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you convert wolverine I am totally coming to that baptism. I have a crush on him. Shhh. Don't tell. (;

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aloha Sister Fiaui. My name is Peter Kaanapu, the father of Elder Ioane Kaanapu who is serving in the Australia Melbourne Mission with your son. You have posted a great photo of them both in the Melbourne MTC District on this blog. I was wondering if you could send me a copy of the photo to my email at kaanapu@aol.com.
    Mahalo Plenty.

    ReplyDelete