Sunday, November 9, 2014

Meanwhile in Dandenong...

G'day mates and sheilas! How is everyone doing?.....good you say? That's just awesome!:) This week has just flown by. We are always busy over here!

Last Monday on P-day after emails i headed off to the beach at Frankston. I was surprised at how cold the water was.........jokes!:) We just went out on the pier at watched people fish. 

The rest of the week we just did our usual tracting, knocking on doors, teaching new converts, new investigators, all that good stuff!:) My comps and I go into a lot of Afghani and Sri Lankan homes. Always learning new phrases and words. This week: Hoda Hafas! That's Arabaic for something like "God be with you".....I felt like Altair! (For those who know who I'm talking about)

On Friday, we had something call "Zone Conference". It's where 3 zones from the mission (roughly 80+ missionaries), come and we have multiple training's on how to be better missionaries. Skill wise and spiritual wise. And we all met in the Mission chapel with President and Sister Maxwell.....yes President Maxwell. Neil A. Maxwell's son....that's bi-winning! The man is so humble and loving. He's a great leader too! Probably gonna be a General Authority someday.

Another thing that's going on my laddies.......is the food situation. WE GET FED HEAPS. Just yesterday we had a feed at Bishop Lavaka's house. It was mean. I probably ate 8 huge drumsticks, chop suey, fish, and much much more. Then last week members fed us everyday. I'm so grateful, but I have to be careful and exercise. The taro is getting to me.

Anyways the work is going great over here! We set another baptism this week. So that's 2 for the 29th. Young men do your home teaching. Love and serve the families that you visit. I've come across too many Elderly sisters that don't get visited by their visiting/home teachers. So just do it and the Lord will bless them and also you. Have a great week.

Fa Soifua!

No comments:

Post a Comment