Friday, October 3, 2014

MTC

Aloha everybody!!!


This week has been very busy! I've learned lots of doctrine, how to work with members/investigators, teaching styles, and how to work with the spirit.

We are leaving for LA at 1:30 on Monday. Then we fly from LA straight to Melbourne, Australia! It's a loooong flight! We skip two days ahead! Our district in this case is all going to Melbourne, Australia,. From what I noticed that doesn't happen a lot. So I feel very blessed to be able to discuss our mission as a MTC district. And a district is 8 elders thats including me. And yes, there is a Poly in my district! His name is Elder Ioane Ka'anapu. Super friendly, chill, spirtual Elder. He's Hawaiian, Tahitian, and 6'5'' and half. big braddah! lol
At first I didn't get my visa and they gave me a temporary assignment to the SLC West mission. I was like whuuuuuut? haha, I was actually genuinely excited, not at first but then I came to thinking... I would have served in 2 different missions! lol
I didn't hear from any apostles. But I heard from a Seventy. Schwitzer, I think? I was a little disturbed on the amount of negative things the Elders had to say about his talk. Sure he wasn't an exciting teacher, but he taught simple but very profound truths. Along with his wife! Many teachers, Elders, speakers, and even a sister have been an answer to my prayers for receiving insight on what I need to do to prepare and get ready for missionary life. I'll admit I've prayed so much here. The Lord is helping me with all my concerns, doubts, and problems. I'm relying on HIm so much. I invite you all to do so also!:)

The food has been rough!lol it's pretty good, but it doesn't make the stomach feel very well! lol They give us an assortment of fruit, main dishes, and cereal. Have a great week everyone!:) Till next Friday Australia time!


Me and braddah Jordan Mack---so awesome to see my bro in the MTC!!! Ahhhh Mo' Bettahs!!!:)

Yup----President Monson signed this bad boy!

Mmmmm Hmmmmm!


The District---Melbourne edition

So so so happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment