Thursday, January 22, 2015

Accent or not...I'm preachin'!!!

Dear family and friends,
G'day me mates and sheilas! How has the week been?...Gangstah you say? Awesome. My week was gangstah as too!
So this week we were visited by our area authority. Elder Pearson. And he pretty much along with his wife rebuked and chastised the entire mission. It was crazy. Like we all had to go up and shake his hand. Looked us straight in the eye, then glanced at the name tag and said "Hello Elder....Fiaui! Where are you from?" It was like he was looking into your soul! But pretty much a lot of the mission wasn't getting up on time and sleeping in till 9AM...what a bunch of useless disobedient missionaries. It actually affected heaps of missionaries and their morale. Some for the good and others not so good.


Me and the crew spreading the gospel

We also started teaching one of our recent convert's younger brother and set a date with him yesterday. So hopefully he gets baptized! He's 12 and pretty solid!
Without fail. Every time I speak with someone they are put off or taken aback by my accent. They all think I'm Maori and from NZ. It's funny as. Or they'll get annoyed by my accent...not so funny as. Nevertheless I am dang proud of my accent. 'Merica.


Practicing following the straight and narrow :)

Samoans always mock me (joke with me) on not speaking the language. Although I can't speak like a Samoan, but at least I can eat like one! Corn beef, taro, rice, fried chicken, sapa suey, mussel. Yeah boy!
Quote of the week!
"Have you ever been so poor you had to eat cereal with a fork to save the milk!"
Hahahah...I don't know why I think that's funny but it just is!

Keep reading that Book of Mormon---it is your apple a day!
Fa Soifua
Elder Fiaui

No comments:

Post a Comment